Royal Glamour

Christina Aguilera fan forum.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Christina iheartradio
Xtina Tweets
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 47 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:51 am

Share | 

Official Next Album Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
KeepsGettin'Better
Dirrty
Dirrty

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:04 pm

Hey!

Im back finalyy Smile Sorry you guys!

You know when i read this news i was really excited.. But then again.. i thought.. Well first i want to seee it before i believe it! I really love christina.. but.. maybe she is just to optimistic about it? I really love that we know that we get a new album.. but i think it will be a christmaspresent for under my 2012 three?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.twitter.com/hadazzzz
Stripped713
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:06 pm

I guess I appreciate the fact that it will be out sooner in terms of music for us to listen to. But It irritates me that she keeps making the same mistakes over and over. Stripped was the best marketed, promoted & well thought out schedule and it was the most auccessful. Back to Basics she rushed into a tour, Bionic she rushed into a tour, and now this album she will either have to rush into a tour or wait a whole year before touring. Lets hope it works out. If this is how shes doing it then her strategy should be release the album in summer, promote during the entire summer and fall, tour in the UK over winter & the early 2012, and then hit the states for a us tour in the summer. By then her music might be old news but hopefully not.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://royalglamour.forumotion.com
KeepsGettin'Better
Dirrty
Dirrty

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:18 pm

its weird that if stripped was so well thought of! Why she just wont work that strategy(?) all over again! I hope it will make the best album ever or something.. but for me if i have new music to listen and a tour i would love it no matter what!
Back to top Go down
Kirstie
Here To Stay
Here To Stay

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:00 pm

Yeah. I agree with you, Aless. Like, I see all these other artists that aren't even that big, get so popular and it's like, Really? Well, I mean, I guess they deserve it, because I'm sure they work harder than Christina.

But look, I like The Voice, I do. It's cool to see Christina every week...and her sometimes wacky fashion choices, but I don't think it's a number one priority. I don't know when The Voice starts again but I think she should be focusing on her album more than anything. Like you said, she said she's a perfectionist and wants everything perfect. Well, why are you on a show on the side? I don't know. She says she gets inspired from it but who knows.
And now she's having another fragrance out? I mean, that's cool, but seriously, come on.
And I like how she had a song with Maroon 5, they're pretty popular but why can't she release a song or whatever.

Lol. I'm complaining about everything, sorry. xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glitter_Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:33 pm

Stripped713 wrote:
I guess I appreciate the fact that it will be out sooner in terms of music for us to listen to. But It irritates me that she keeps making the same mistakes over and over. Stripped was the best marketed, promoted & well thought out schedule and it was the most auccessful. Back to Basics she rushed into a tour, Bionic she rushed into a tour, and now this album she will either have to rush into a tour or wait a whole year before touring. Lets hope it works out. If this is how shes doing it then her strategy should be release the album in summer, promote during the entire summer and fall, tour in the UK over winter & the early 2012, and then hit the states for a us tour in the summer. By then her music might be old news but hopefully not.

gaga's Born this way was a summer released album and its doing ok. I think Xtina just needs better marketing and she could release whenever she wants.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kirstie
Here To Stay
Here To Stay

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:21 am

Maybe she should just leave RCA. But who knows if she would be signed. Well she has one of the greatest voices out there so I dunno. She needs a better label. Like Interscope. Gaga's doing great with them. Who knows, maybe Christina is the one to blame. I wouldn't be surprised if she was all bossy and had her own plans to release it so they probably let her, since she's SUCH a perfectionist. -.-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prima Donna
Dirrty
Dirrty

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:50 am

There is nothing wrong with her doing other projects because that actually helps her have more exposure. BUT she should be timing it so that it all helps to work hand in hand with eachother. Like the next perfume should launch after the album, and maybe she could do a commercial or two for other products during her peak exposure for the album.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KeepsGettin'Better
Dirrty
Dirrty

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:24 pm

She should do it all togehter.. Like what you said first the album 2 weeks(?) later her perfume and maybe commercials for the new album and that kind of stuff. But im afraid if she goes to the label of Gaga all the hate would start all over again...
Back to top Go down
underappreciated
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:55 pm

KeepsGettin'Better wrote:
She should do it all togehter.. Like what you said first the album 2 weeks(?) later her perfume and maybe commercials for the new album and that kind of stuff. But im afraid if she goes to the label of Gaga all the hate would start all over again...

Unfortunately, the hate/stan wars would still be there regardless. A lot of people just don't seem to get the point that MORE THAN ONE female artist can be successful at the same time without them copying off one another. Rolling Eyes

Made By Me.
PM me if you'd like a siggy of your own!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aless
Stripped
Stripped

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:15 pm

Glitter_Bomb wrote:

gaga's Born this way was a summer released album and its doing ok. I think Xtina just needs better marketing and she could release whenever she wants.
Yes but you will not compare Gaga, who is a FRESH artist as she's only been around for 3 years and coming from The Fame which was huge to Christina who is now considered "not cool" and comes from a flop era, negativity, etc. Plus I doubt Christina would sell her album for 0.99 cents... *ki*

& fyi, it seems like everyone who bought Gaga's album did it on the first week tbh because it dropped like 80% in sales for the second week, kind of unfortunate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KeepsGettin'Better
Dirrty
Dirrty

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:32 pm

I think Christina should do i it how she likes it.. Only with a little bit of understanding .. I just hope the new album would be crazy!

ps. Love the new concept of the forum!
Back to top Go down
Prima Donna
Dirrty
Dirrty

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:39 am

Personally I don't see why everyone else can get away with sounding the same. I Like Britney but 99.99999% of Femme Fatale has the same exact feel and sound to it, JLo hit hard with yet another pittbull collab (everyone seems to work with him these days) but again On the Floor sounds like any other current dance track, Gaga's music pretty much follows the same trend composition speaking of a very electronic sound, not to mention Kesha, Rihanna, & others.

Aside from maybe the occasional off center Gaga song, Nikki Minaj's solo career & BEP (only because they seem to fit 3-6 different songs all in one track to keep mixing it up) & this new Jessie J, there isnt alot of pop icons that sound any different from one another. I do not understand how people can listen to the same electronic thump thump thump & never feel its copying but Christina puts out Bionic and suddenly she is a copycat...

BrickWall
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ciufix

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:59 pm

You guys don't have to worry about this.I'm sure she has a plan.A good one!
If the album will be released in spring/summer then we'll have a single out by then,which she'll promote on The Voice.And the album will be promoted as well on The Voice.

And about touring...For example Katy Perry had an album out in 2010 (summer) and she's on tour now (still summer).If Christina will have an album out in May/June ..let's say ..she'll have plenty of time to release all the songs she wants as singles...and after a year she could go on tour as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aless
Stripped
Stripped

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:11 pm

Prima Donna wrote:
Personally I don't see why everyone else can get away with sounding the same. I Like Britney but 99.99999% of Femme Fatale has the same exact feel and sound to it, JLo hit hard with yet another pittbull collab (everyone seems to work with him these days) but again On the Floor sounds like any other current dance track, Gaga's music pretty much follows the same trend composition speaking of a very electronic sound, not to mention Kesha, Rihanna, & others.

Aside from maybe the occasional off center Gaga song, Nikki Minaj's solo career & BEP (only because they seem to fit 3-6 different songs all in one track to keep mixing it up) & this new Jessie J, there isnt alot of pop icons that sound any different from one another. I do not understand how people can listen to the same electronic thump thump thump & never feel its copying but Christina puts out Bionic and suddenly she is a copycat...

BrickWall
What's wrong with an album having "the exact same feel to it" though? I think that's called being cohesive. the songs on Femme Fatale don't sound the same, they just have in common the same pop/electro vibe which Britney has been doing FOR YEARS. Compare songs like "I Wanna Go" to "Criminal" or "Trouble for me" to "He About To Lose Me", I don't hear much similarities tbh. If it works for her and her fans like that, I don't see a problem.
Kesha is a different story, she DOES sound the same in every single track because her voice is so robotic you can't really tell who's singing. Which is a shame because she's actually talented.
And well electro is the trend right now. As much as I hate that everyone's doing it, that's what people like and people seem to forget that celebs are WORKING and they obviously have to put out something that will SELL. Just like in the late 90's/early 00's when we were all jamming to NSYNC and BSB and the bubblegum pop stars, we thought it was GOLD but I'm sure older generations thought it was generic and crap.
But I actually agree with you on that last paragraph. The electro trend needs to die asap. Thank god we got Adele at least who is doing great and also Beyoncé who shows her talent on her last album. & Christina will always be critized for everything she does because they feel threatened by her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stripped713
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:30 am

ciufix wrote:
You guys don't have to worry about this.I'm sure she has a plan.A good one!
If the album will be released in spring/summer then we'll have a single out by then,which she'll promote on The Voice.And the album will be promoted as well on The Voice.

And about touring...For example Katy Perry had an album out in 2010 (summer) and she's on tour now (still summer).If Christina will have an album out in May/June ..let's say ..she'll have plenty of time to release all the songs she wants as singles...and after a year she could go on tour as well.
The difference is, Katy Perry is very much in the now. as i said before, Bionic tour sales plumited because Christina released an album in April, did very little hype or promo before hand & everyone else is so into other new stuff she is going to have to work twice as hard as she normally does. But she didn't. She rushed into a tour, did a weak ass first single and horrible video to go along with it, and then her ticket sales bombed and the tour was cancelled. Do you really want a repeat of that again? Hopefully we can chalk it up her to her marriage and personal life issues & this time around she & her label won't approach this so half ass.

Back to top Go down
Stripped713
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:36 am

Aless wrote:
Prima Donna wrote:

BrickWall
What's wrong with an album having "the exact same feel to it" though? I think that's called being cohesive. the songs on Femme Fatale don't sound the same, they just have in common the same pop/electro vibe which Britney has been doing FOR YEARS. Compare songs like "I Wanna Go" to "Criminal" or "Trouble for me" to "He About To Lose Me", I don't hear much similarities tbh. If it works for her and her fans like that, I don't see a problem.
Kesha is a different story, she DOES sound the same in every single track because her voice is so robotic you can't really tell who's singing. Which is a shame because she's actually talented.
And well electro is the trend right now. As much as I hate that everyone's doing it, that's what people like and people seem to forget that celebs are WORKING and they obviously have to put out something that will SELL. Just like in the late 90's/early 00's when we were all jamming to NSYNC and BSB and the bubblegum pop stars, we thought it was GOLD but I'm sure older generations thought it was generic and crap.
But I actually agree with you on that last paragraph. The electro trend needs to die asap. Thank god we got Adele at least who is doing great and also Beyoncé who shows her talent on her last album. & Christina will always be critized for everything she does because they feel threatened by her.

You think Kesha sounds robotic but Britney doesnt? Sorry Aless but Britney sounds more robotic than EVER these days. I have every single one of her albums including femme fatale & personally alot of the songs sound the same and pretty much every song is electro autotune sounding. I think in comparison to her past bodies of work, Femme Fatale has the least variety and the most robotic sound. With the exception of a few standout tracks, it kinda blends all into one when I listen to it. But then so does Gaga's new album. I like the album but many of the songs sound the same or have the same lyrical themes & content. I don't own any Kesha Cd's but I don't think she sounds "robotic" I just think she sounds like she raps more than sings.

But on a Good note there are a few stand out tracks on Britney's album & I do like her videos this time around.

Christina could learn a thing or too about picking something you are good at and sticking with it. You can always experiment but experiment with ONE track or ONE video. Don't make a whole album about something hoping it will be trendy.

Back to top Go down
Aless
Stripped
Stripped

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:51 am

Stripped713 wrote:

You think Kesha sounds robotic but Britney doesnt? Sorry Aless but Britney sounds more robotic than EVER these days. I have every single one of her albums including femme fatale & personally alot of the songs sound the same and pretty much every song is electro autotune sounding. I think in comparison to her past bodies of work, Femme Fatale has the least variety and the most robotic sound. With the exception of a few standout tracks, it kinda blends all into one when I listen to it. But then so does Gaga's new album. I like the album but many of the songs sound the same or have the same lyrical themes & content. I don't own any Kesha Cd's but I don't think she sounds "robotic" I just think she sounds like she raps more than sings.

But on a Good note there are a few stand out tracks on Britney's album & I do like her videos this time around.

Christina could learn a thing or too about picking something you are good at and sticking with it. You can always experiment but experiment with ONE track or ONE video. Don't make a whole album about something hoping it will be trendy.
I think you're confusing "robotic" with "autotuned" though. Britney has a LOT of autotune on Femme Fatale but that doesn't make her voice robotic. They use it to fix her supposedly "bad voice" but she actually has a nice voice. Kesha sounds nothing like what she sings IMO. Also, I think Femme Fatale is one of her most experimental records actually, only behind Blackout. But that's really subjective anyway, just different opinions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kirstie
Here To Stay
Here To Stay

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:51 pm

I think Christina should stick with the soulful stuff, like Stripped and Back to Basics.
Look, I'm not gonna say Bionic was bad. I actually enjoyed it.
But you know, I don't want to see Christina doing the same things as most artist these days. There's only so much electronic I can take.
I love Christina for being different and doing different things. I really do love her for that.

So, hopefully this new album with be a mix of sorts from stuff like B2B and Stripped...but I'm guessing it's going to be more like Stripped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanity
Genie
Genie

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:12 pm

Agree

I really love songs like Walk Away & Understand & Keep on Sining by Song & Impossible. It really seems she CANT go wrong with she gets more soulful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
phantom11

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:34 pm

Quote :
Just like in the late 90's/early 00's when we were all jamming to NSYNC and BSB and the bubblegum pop stars, we thought it was GOLD but I'm sure older generations thought it was generic and crap.

That's because it was generic and crap. Been there, done that with NKOTB and that genre of "music" was crap back then and it was crap a decade ago and it'll still be crap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aless
Stripped
Stripped

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:32 pm

phantom11 wrote:
That's because it was generic and crap. Been there, done that with NKOTB and that genre of "music" was crap back then and it was crap a decade ago and it'll still be crap.
To you, yes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
underappreciated
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:11 am

Difference of opinion, guys. Please don't turn this into a war. Thanks Smile

Made By Me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aless
Stripped
Stripped

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:05 pm

underappreciated wrote:
Difference of opinion, guys. Please don't turn this into a war. Thanks Smile
Nah it's all good with phantom11, all good...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
underappreciated
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:22 pm

Aless wrote:

Does she still smoke? No

Made By Me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
phantom11

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:22 pm

Not trying to start anything, just giving my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Next Album Thread   

Back to top Go down

Official Next Album Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next