Royal Glamour
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Glamour

Christina Aguilera fan forum.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Christina iheartradio
Xtina Tweets
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 206 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:36 am

.Gif Tutorial

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
underappreciated
Admin
Admin
underappreciated

.Gif Tutorial  Empty
PostSubject: .Gif Tutorial    .Gif Tutorial  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:59 pm

This is mostly for Aless, but figured I might as well post it for everybody to use.

1. First you need to go to keepvid.com
.Gif Tutorial  28962907

2. Then go to youtube.com and copy the URL for the specific video you want to create the .gif from.
.Gif Tutorial  59410512

Back to top Go down
underappreciated
Admin
Admin
underappreciated

.Gif Tutorial  Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Gif Tutorial    .Gif Tutorial  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:00 pm

3. Then go back to keepvid.com, right click and paste the URL in the link box and click download. Make sure to click RUN when it asks for the application permission or it won't upload the video options for you.
.Gif Tutorial  61592010

4. Once it finishes click on any of the MP4 versions of the video. The higher the number means the file will be bigger but the quality will also be much better than the last.
.Gif Tutorial  50142329

5. Once you click on the option you want, wait for it to download.
.Gif Tutorial  23713291
Back to top Go down
underappreciated
Admin
Admin
underappreciated

.Gif Tutorial  Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Gif Tutorial    .Gif Tutorial  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:11 pm

6. Once it finishes downloading, click on the downward arrow beside the file and then click on "Show In Folder" which will open up the folder it downloaded to. Now you CAN skip this step and just open it up later from the place it downloaded to, but I just like moving it to a more convenient folder so I can access it more quickly than having to search through a very crowded folder.
.Gif Tutorial  36724902

7. If you continue with the step above, then once you open the download folder, you'll need to right click on the video file and then hit "Move To Folder..." and then select which folder you want to move the video to. I selected a "videos" folder where I store all of my other photoshop files.
.Gif Tutorial  90272851
.Gif Tutorial  95373049
Back to top Go down
underappreciated
Admin
Admin
underappreciated

.Gif Tutorial  Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Gif Tutorial    .Gif Tutorial  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:19 pm

8. Open up Photoshop. Then you'll have to switch Photoshop from the default "Design" mode to the "Motion" mode so you can make moving/animated pictures.
.Gif Tutorial  31447254

9. Then go to File > Import > Video Frames to Layers to open up the video file.
.Gif Tutorial  77538115
Click on your video file..
.Gif Tutorial  93594408

10. When you choose your video file and open it, it will pop up a box that looks like this:
.Gif Tutorial  73509469
Make sure "Selected Range Only" is clicked. That will let you select frame by frame images while using the play or fast forward buttons to right (below the black video box).
.Gif Tutorial  24418898
Back to top Go down
underappreciated
Admin
Admin
underappreciated

.Gif Tutorial  Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Gif Tutorial    .Gif Tutorial  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:38 pm

11. Once you open the selected range of frames, you'll want to re-size because it'll be HUGE (especially if you went for the higher quality MP4). I usually don't go above 300 width.
.Gif Tutorial  29079282
.Gif Tutorial  74238891

12. Like I said before, you might have frames selected that you don't want or need because there was a split in between what you wanted. Again, that's ok. This is how you deal with that. At the very bottom it lists every single frame you selected. To delete any that you don't want, click on the first frame you don't need to turn it blue then, while holding shift on your keyboard, scroll over until you find the last file of the ones you don't need and click on it. Then click and hold one of the blue frames and scroll down and put your cursor over the trash can and let go. It will delete every highlighted frame all at once. You do the same thing for single frames as well except you have to do those one by one.
.Gif Tutorial  61111652

13. Now we start with all of the steps that you customize to your preference. The first is how long you want the gif to loop. You can have it play just once, play three times over, or have it play forever. I always use the forever option.
.Gif Tutorial  95633254

Last edited by underappreciated on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
underappreciated
Admin
Admin
underappreciated

.Gif Tutorial  Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Gif Tutorial    .Gif Tutorial  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:51 pm

14. Next is the option of how FAST you want the gif to move. You'll just have to play around with that option to see what you like. Select the first frame, hold shift, scroll and select the last frame and then click on the timer option to change ALL frames at once.
.Gif Tutorial  29304745

15. The last customized option is adding text. Unfortunately I only know how to add a plain block of text. I haven't figured out how to make it blink or anything.

First you'll have to go to the layers and "create new layer".
.Gif Tutorial  33325828

With the new layer highlighted, go to Select > All at the top.
.Gif Tutorial  58992086

That will put a marquee tool selection around the gif and then you need to select your Type Tool.
.Gif Tutorial  86915097

Then write whatever you want over the gif..
.Gif Tutorial  85719412

Back to top Go down
underappreciated
Admin
Admin
underappreciated

.Gif Tutorial  Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Gif Tutorial    .Gif Tutorial  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:56 pm

16. Then to save the gif so it'll actually work when you upload it, go to File > Save for Web & Devices
.Gif Tutorial  93992932

That will open up this box:
.Gif Tutorial  24055464

Before you save it, you'll want to hit the play button to the bottom right corner to make sure there are no issues or bugs to fix and that everything matches what you selected before (looping options, size etc.) The options I have it set at on the top right corner are the best options I've found to use so make sure to match them when you make yours Smile

HAVE FUN GUYS! If you have any questions or don't understand something just ask me in here or PM me. I'll be glad to help!
Back to top Go down
Aless
Stripped
Stripped
Aless

.Gif Tutorial  Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Gif Tutorial    .Gif Tutorial  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:34 pm

I just can't. This tutorial is just so...flawless.

.Gif Tutorial  Christ4

It must have taken you forever. I love you <3. I'll give it a shot one of these days!
Back to top Go down
underappreciated
Admin
Admin
underappreciated

.Gif Tutorial  Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Gif Tutorial    .Gif Tutorial  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:50 pm

No problem! Cheers!
Back to top Go down
GD's_G.NI
Stripped
Stripped
GD's_G.NI

.Gif Tutorial  Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Gif Tutorial    .Gif Tutorial  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 6:39 am

This tutorial BowDown BowDown BowDown
I'm gonna give it a try. Thanks for taking the time to write this and sharing it here! cheers
Back to top Go down
underappreciated
Admin
Admin
underappreciated

.Gif Tutorial  Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Gif Tutorial    .Gif Tutorial  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:23 pm

GD's_G.NI wrote:
This tutorial BowDown BowDown BowDown
I'm gonna give it a try. Thanks for taking the time to write this and sharing it here! cheers

You're very welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Bobblehead
Genie
Genie
Bobblehead

.Gif Tutorial  Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Gif Tutorial    .Gif Tutorial  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:05 pm

Very well thought out and explained Tiff! (:
Back to top Go down
http://imafighter.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

.Gif Tutorial  Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Gif Tutorial    .Gif Tutorial  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

.Gif Tutorial
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Royal Glamour :: Fanorama :: Digital Design-
Jump to: