Royal Glamour
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Glamour

Christina Aguilera fan forum.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Christina iheartradio
Xtina Tweets
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 206 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:36 am

Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab

Go down 
+3
Kirstie
KeepsGettin'Better
underappreciated
7 posters
AuthorMessage
underappreciated
Admin
Admin
underappreciated

Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab Empty
PostSubject: Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab   Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:02 pm

The singer has been through a turbulent year. Her 2010 album, Bionic, underwhelmed, as did her movie debut, Burlesque. She flubbed the national anthem during a Super Bowl performance and fell on stage at the Grammys. And she separated from her husband, Jordan Bratman.

"The last year has probably, with the divorce and considering everything that's gone on, has humbled me a little bit," she says with a laugh.

Aguilera says The Voice represents a new beginning for her in every sense. The concept of the show intrigued her and took her back to why she started singing. "Being in this business for quite a few years now, sometimes you do take things for granted. I've had my ups and I've had my downs. You have to take the good with the bad in this business. It gets me back to the root of why I got into this business, and that's real, raw talent," says Aguilera, 30.
The show films in Los Angeles and has allowed Aguilera to stay near her son, Max, 3, and record her new album. The next release, Aguilera says, will focus on her personal evolution.

"For this one, I really want to make a real rooted, heartfelt record. After someone goes through the things that I have, regarding a divorce, there's a lot of emotions that are stirred," she says.

Aguilera, whose towering talent has never been questioned, says she keeps right on going, even when things get tough.
"I prove to myself that I'm stronger than just to let things take over me, and take over my head space,"

Aguilera says. "I'm very honest with myself in seeing if there are things that I need to change about my life, or if there are things I need to do stepping forward.

"That's in part why I got the divorce. It's a new beginning for me. It's all positivity for me. I've been through some hard things, but I'm on the up and up. "
The advice she would most want to impart to the contestants she's coaching on her team? To always follow your gut and focus on why you're making music. It's not about the freebies or the fame.

"There's so much in the media and in the press, opportunities to get swayed. That's why I stay so far away from reading anything about myself.
"I love to sing. It's what moves me and inspires me. To be able to do that is a gift."

Christina Aguilera has said that she would love to work with fellow The Voice mentor Cee Lo Green.

The 'Fighter' singer will join Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton as celebrity mentors on the upcoming show which judges hopefuls purely on vocal talent.

"Cee Lo and I have been trying to work together for a really long time so hopefully something will work out," she told reporters on a recent conference call.

The star also teased what viewers could expect from the special performance from all four celebrity mentors on the opening episode of the NBC show.

"It was interesting and fun," she said. "Adam was playing the drums and it was like a fun jam session between four artists and musicians."

Sources: USA Today/DigitalSpy.com
Back to top Go down
KeepsGettin'Better
Dirrty
Dirrty
KeepsGettin'Better

PostSubject: Re: Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab   Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:35 pm

I would love her to make a new album.. And especially an album that is close to her you know.. Like the pain she went trough and all the experiences she made.. Like the voice and that kind of stuff.. Im really looking forward to it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/hadazzzz
Kirstie
Here To Stay
Here To Stay
Kirstie

PostSubject: Re: Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab   Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:19 pm

Ooh yaay. Smile I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Aless
Stripped
Stripped
Aless

PostSubject: Re: Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab   Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 6:23 pm

This means we're probably getting Stripped part II. It could be good for her, people like Christina when she's honest and deep and Stripped is one of her most real pieces of work. Notice how Gaga, Britney & Beyonce aren't doing as well as they used to but someone like Adele, with a non commercial album, is breaking records? There's still hope.
Back to top Go down
Xtina.2.0
Dirrty
Dirrty
Xtina.2.0

PostSubject: Re: Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab   Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 6:30 pm

1814 wrote:
This means we're probably getting Stripped part II. It could be good for her, people like Christina when she's honest and deep and Stripped is one of her most real pieces of work. Notice how Gaga, Britney & Beyonce aren't doing as well as they used to but someone like Adele, with a non commercial album, is breaking records? There's still hope.

See as much as I want to believe that.....we heard that about Bionic before it came out and I don't think thats anywhere near stripped worthy lol. Don't get me wrong I am looking forward to a new album definitely but I think I'm just gonna wait till I hear anything before I get too excited! Razz
Back to top Go down
Aless
Stripped
Stripped
Aless

PostSubject: Re: Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab   Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:08 pm

Xtina.2.0 wrote:
See as much as I want to believe that.....we heard that about Bionic before it came out and I don't think thats anywhere near stripped worthy lol. Don't get me wrong I am looking forward to a new album definitely but I think I'm just gonna wait till I hear anything before I get too excited! Razz
I think around that time she meant Stripped as in going back to her pop roots. Stripped may have been deep and whatnot but it WAS a pop album while B2B was more of a R&B thing with Jazz/Blues elements. So I think what she meant by saying "I'm trying to make a record like Stripped again" was that she wanted to go back to a full pop album BUT with the electronica elements she already had in mind since 2007. I still don't think the album was electronica at all with the exception of a few songs but whatever, that's adifferent topic. This time she wants something deep to let out her emotions just like she did when she recorded Stripped.
Back to top Go down
Kirstie
Here To Stay
Here To Stay
Kirstie

PostSubject: Re: Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab   Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:49 pm

I'd rather Stripped Part II then Bionic 2.0 Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
underappreciated
Admin
Admin
underappreciated

PostSubject: Re: Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab   Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:14 pm

Kirstie wrote:
I'd rather Stripped Part II then Bionic 2.0 Rolling Eyes

This x 100
Back to top Go down
Aless
Stripped
Stripped
Aless

PostSubject: Re: Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab   Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:01 pm

I love how Bionic is the black sheep of Christina's discography.

Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab 2iu6zwy
Back to top Go down
Stripped713
Admin
Admin
Stripped713

PostSubject: Re: Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab   Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 12:25 pm

I agree I think when she compared Bionic to Stripped or NMT to Dirrty it was in reference to the darker side that Stripped held and a more mainstream pop theme than so much of a strong jazz theme. I think based on her few words about this upcoming record that it probably will resemble stripped more in terms of content and quality. I just hope she can really get the right people on board to bring that about. Sia obviously has a talent for strong ballads. Linda did some amazing stuff on stripped. I would not complain if she made up with SS because some of her greatest songs were his productions. But I also would like to see more experimental stuff.

The problem wit Bionic was that we know she worked with all of these great people to bring about something fresh and out of the box but most of that never made it to bionic and what did was never promoted and mostly on disk 2. I really hope she looks at the quality of lyrical content in songs like KOSMS, Birds of Prey, Walk away & Fighter and sees just how much stronger the content is. I understand that b2b ws meant to be simple and happy and light. I understand that Bionic was meant to be a party album. I dont begrudge her for doing it that way. I dont begrudge her for wanting a straight up dance album. I am more upset that it never got the promotion and chance it deserved and I am mot upset that she didnt try harder to really come hard and fresh with it.

But that being said, I look forward to her returning to an idea like this next one because in terms of lyrics and content IMO no album surpasses Stripped. and if she can re-create that quality but with a new fresh sound that really showcases her ability to think outside the box and do more birds of prey kinda stuff, I think it might just do well as tiff said. maybe put an end to all this electro dance stuff and get back to a more mature music scene. (Not that I dont want at least one dance worthy song)
Back to top Go down
https://royalglamour.forumotion.com
KeepsGettin'Better
Dirrty
Dirrty
KeepsGettin'Better

PostSubject: Re: Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab   Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 11:32 am

I really really love stripped.. I hope that she will get to the most deepest space in her head and just sing what she feels.. Because if she does that it will be amazing.. Christina is pure, and perfect and just honest.. That is the kind of album she should make.. A pure, perfect, honest and sweet album..

Back to top Go down
ciufix
ciufix

PostSubject: Re: Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab   Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:20 am

Stripped is really....my heart!It means soo so much to me.But then again...each of Christina's album has meant and means something for me.

Christina Aguilera was my childhood's album
Stripped has helped me so much when I had some problems
Back to Basics appeared at a time when I fell in love for the first time ...haha!I know..I was too little,but anyway..Smile)

Bionic...is about the future about being a new person ..etc Smile)

My fav song is Lift me up at the moment.I still think that Linda Perry is amazing and that she's very talented.I think that the songs she made with Christina...never get old!They're like classics

Sia is very very talented as well and I absolutely love her music.I could say that I'm a fan of Sia's Smile)

So...I cannot wait to see what new album Christina will make.

P.S: I still think that Not Myself Tonight is an amazing song!Loooove it!

Back to top Go down
KeepsGettin'Better
Dirrty
Dirrty
KeepsGettin'Better

PostSubject: Re: Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab   Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:33 pm

You know Jennifer Hudson said she definetly wants to work with Christina and i hope she does! Because those women have such powerfull and strong voices it would be a perfect ballad! And all the producers and writers who are working with Christina gives me high hopes that it will be freaking awesome! And if her new album comes out soon it will be like what ciufix said a new album for a new period in my life, going out of my parents house and living the students life!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab   Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christina Making "Real Rooted, Heartfelt Record"/ Wants Cee Lo Collab
Page 1 of 1