Royal Glamour
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Glamour

Christina Aguilera fan forum.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Christina iheartradio
Xtina Tweets
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 206 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:36 am

Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread

Go down 
+4
Kirstie
iVan
*Emma
Aless
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kirstie
Here To Stay
Here To Stay
Kirstie

Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread   Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:20 pm

Aless wrote:
GD's_G.NI wrote:
Aless wrote:
omg you guys!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad The moment I've been waiting for since I was like 7 Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread - Page 2 380741439

http://twitpic.com/6aolz3

I got a ticket in the best section to see Britney in november!!

Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread - Page 2 3eNLC
OMG! Very Happy Your gonna like it! And your ticket is pink! Mine was all beige and black, normal looking paper xD
Hopefully they'd let you take pictures and video, and then you can post them here. cheers
loll I have a circus ticket too. It's cute. And yeah I'll definitely take pictures but I'll have to find a camera cause mine's semi-pro and they usually don't let those in Sad

Sneak it in. Don't make the same mistake I did and not bring your camera. D:
Back to top Go down
GD's_G.NI
Stripped
Stripped
GD's_G.NI

PostSubject: Re: Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread   Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 8:37 pm

Kirstie wrote:
Aless wrote:
GD's_G.NI wrote:
Aless wrote:
omg you guys!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad The moment I've been waiting for since I was like 7 Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread - Page 2 380741439

http://twitpic.com/6aolz3

I got a ticket in the best section to see Britney in november!!

Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread - Page 2 3eNLC
OMG! Very Happy Your gonna like it! And your ticket is pink! Mine was all beige and black, normal looking paper xD
Hopefully they'd let you take pictures and video, and then you can post them here. cheers
loll I have a circus ticket too. It's cute. And yeah I'll definitely take pictures but I'll have to find a camera cause mine's semi-pro and they usually don't let those in Sad

Sneak it in. Don't make the same mistake I did and not bring your camera. D:

Bad idea. Those cameras are freaking expensive. If they take it away from you, it will really hurt you, trust me. Well if you really like your camera of course Razz And some of them are somewhat big, so you can't hide it so easily. It would be better if you take a point-and-shoot- camera. Oh Aless, make sure they let cameras in first Razz
Back to top Go down
Aless
Stripped
Stripped
Aless

PostSubject: Re: Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread   Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:40 pm

GD's_G.NI wrote:
Bad idea. Those cameras are freaking expensive. If they take it away from you, it will really hurt you, trust me. Well if you really like your camera of course Razz And some of them are somewhat big, so you can't hide it so easily. It would be better if you take a point-and-shoot- camera. Oh Aless, make sure they let cameras in first Razz
That's true. I think I'm not taking it because if they find it I would have to go out of the line till somebody comes pick it up for me and the stadium's far from my house so by the time I come back to the line I would get crappy seats. I still have my zone reserved but it's for 1500 people, if that makes sense.

---

So... the VMAs yesterday... lol what can I say? the show was a big fat mess. Nothing about it was exciting or amazing. It was boring and disrespectful to Britney imo. Her tribute was some half assed sh*t, Lady Gaga took more than half of her speech time, her trying to steal the show (as almost always anyway) and make it her moment when it had absolutely nothing to do with her and ON TOP OF THAT Britney had to introduce Beyoncé's performance during what was supposed to be her speech! wtf is this mess tbh. It turned out to be a Beyoncé tribute in the end. It was really shady of MTV and I hope Britney ignores them until they give her the tribute she DESERVES not some lazy mess, I swear I was waiting for someone to come out and say "punk'd!" or something. smh.

In other news, I love Bey sfm, congrats to her and Jay on the baby! She was the highlight of the show, if that's saying much anyway.
Back to top Go down
underappreciated
Admin
Admin
underappreciated

PostSubject: Re: Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread   Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 7:51 pm

Aless wrote:

So... the VMAs yesterday... lol what can I say? the show was a big fat mess. Nothing about it was exciting or amazing. It was boring and disrespectful to Britney imo. Her tribute was some half assed sh*t, Lady Gaga took more than half of her speech time, her trying to steal the show (as almost always anyway) and make it her moment when it had absolutely nothing to do with her and ON TOP OF THAT Britney had to introduce Beyoncé's performance during what was supposed to be her speech! wtf is this mess tbh. It turned out to be a Beyoncé tribute in the end. It was really shady of MTV and I hope Britney ignores them until they give her the tribute she DESERVES not some lazy mess, I swear I was waiting for someone to come out and say "punk'd!" or something. smh.

In other news, I love Bey sfm, congrats to her and Jay on the baby! She was the highlight of the show, if that's saying much anyway.

I didn't watch them, but from what I heard Lady Gaga was a complete twat the entire night trying to make it all about her AND that whole Britney tribute turned out to be a hot mess.

Pretty much what I expected anyway Laughing

I haven't actually WATCHED the VMAS in yeeeeaaaarrrrsssss. I usually only turn it on when Christina's on and then change the channel when her part is over.

I watched Adele perform. That's about it. She was so nervous No Probably just felt really weird being there considering that's NOT her cup of tea and the whole thing was basically an awkward mess full of wannabe talents.

One note out of Adele's mouth is better than that whole crowd of people tbh. Headphones
Back to top Go down
Aless
Stripped
Stripped
Aless

PostSubject: Re: Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread   Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:21 pm

underappreciated wrote:
I didn't watch them, but from what I heard Lady Gaga was a complete twat the entire night trying to make it all about her AND that whole Britney tribute turned out to be a hot mess.

I haven't actually WATCHED the VMAS in yeeeeaaaarrrrsssss. I usually only turn it on when Christina's on and then change the channel when her part is over.

I watched Adele perform. That's about it. She was so nervous No Probably just felt really weird being there considering that's NOT her cup of tea and the whole thing was basically an awkward mess full of wannabe talents.

One note out of Adele's mouth is better than that whole crowd of people tbh. Headphones
Jo Calderone (gaga's alter ego) was "interesting" for a moment, when she performed Y&I and opened the show. After that it just became really awkward and annoying. Even when Britney denied her kiss she was like "I don't want gaga to get pissed", like she HAD to mention Gaga when it was supposed to be no other's but Britney's moment. She needed to learn her place last night. I don't mind her tbh, I think she's talented and has great songs. But I thought last night, every time she could, she wanted to make it about HER, and I'm not the only one saying this. The tribute was cute with these kids (? I couldn't tell if they were kids or adults tbh) wearing Britney's most iconic outfits and all but it was not something to be as hyped as MTV did. It wasn't a tribute you give to someone who's receving the VIDEO VANGUARD AWARD.

But anyway, I always watch the VMAs, idk why but I feel I have to. This was as bad as last year's. 2003, 2008, 2009 were the best VMAs of the 00's, other than that I was NOT impressed besides one or two moments.

And I agree, Adele sounded really nervous, she killed it anyway but I wish she had more interesting performances, I know her voice alone is breath taking but a mic, a piano and Adele wearing black will eventually become boring. Performing a ballad =/= boring sets. But I think she was sick.
Back to top Go down
underappreciated
Admin
Admin
underappreciated

PostSubject: Re: Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread   Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 11:01 pm

Aless wrote:

Jo Calderone (gaga's alter ego) was "interesting" for a moment, when she performed Y&I and opened the show. After that it just became really awkward and annoying. Even when Britney denied her kiss she was like "I don't want gaga to get pissed", like she HAD to mention Gaga when it was supposed to be no other's but Britney's moment. She needed to learn her place last night. I don't mind her tbh, I think she's talented and has great songs. But I thought last night, every time she could, she wanted to make it about HER, and I'm not the only one saying this. The tribute was cute with these kids (? I couldn't tell if they were kids or adults tbh) wearing Britney's most iconic outfits and all but it was not something to be as hyped as MTV did. It wasn't a tribute you give to someone who's receving the VIDEO VANGUARD AWARD.

But anyway, I always watch the VMAs, idk why but I feel I have to. This was as bad as last year's. 2003, 2008, 2009 were the best VMAs of the 00's, other than that I was NOT impressed besides one or two moments.

And I agree, Adele sounded really nervous, she killed it anyway but I wish she had more interesting performances, I know her voice alone is breath taking but a mic, a piano and Adele wearing black will eventually become boring. Performing a ballad =/= boring sets. But I think she was sick.

I will agree with you there, she does need to change it up and get some better ideas than just sitting there with a piano, it may work for her concerts, but MTV was not the place for it.

Gaga just turns me off the more I see of her on awards shows. More to do with her performances and the way she over does EVERYTHING than her personality/attitude.

I also didn't expect anything more than what they did for Britney, and that's NO shade at her. It's at MTV. MTV sucks now, and anything more would have meant them putting in some effort to actually make somebody feel like they actually achieved something. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Aless
Stripped
Stripped
Aless

PostSubject: Re: Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread   Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 11:21 pm

underappreciated wrote:
I will agree with you there, she does need to change it up and get some better ideas than just sitting there with a piano, it may work for her concerts, but MTV was not the place for it.

Gaga just turns me off the more I see of her on awards shows. More to do with her performances and the way she over does EVERYTHING than her personality/attitude.

I also didn't expect anything more than what they did for Britney, and that's NO shade at her. It's at MTV. MTV sucks now, and anything more would have meant them putting in some effort to actually make somebody feel like they actually achieved something. Rolling Eyes
Unfortunately that's true. MTV has become a joke and they should replace the M for a R of "reality" tbh. I know this has been discussed a lot of times but it's true, I can't believe MTV actually puts more effort into their realities than actual music videos/news. Here, the WHOLE day there's some reality show every hour. They're not even good shows with the exception of like two. The music videos are on from midnight to like 9 am. WTF No It's obvious they don't care about music anymore which is really sad. And I'm saying it was somehow shady to Britney because they MADE HER think it was her tribute when in fact it was just a 1 minute medley of her songs, Lady Gaga trying to steal the show and the rest of her speech praising Beyoncé. I didn't get the point of it. At all. As someone said, I think the promo she recorded for the tribute was longer than the actual tribute lmao. But you're right, now at least everyone sees how lame MTV is.
Back to top Go down
frankyd
frankyd

PostSubject: Re: Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread   Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:50 am

i thought the vmas was the biggest loud of crap i don't know why i even bothered to watch

i used to love gaga so much but the vmas just showed she always has to make it all be about her like can you just shut the fuck up for 5 mins. that tribute was a joke britney deserved so so much more that was not a tribute worthy of someone of her caliber and someone getting the vanguard award. it was nice to see britney looking so happy though and even though the tribute should have been so much more i still enjoyed it those dancers were amazing and seeing them all in britneys iconic outfits. i am also really happy she got best pop for till the world ends much deserved and thank god for adele she saved the night i actually really enjoyed the fact that she just stood there with a piano and was just so captivating with her voice she didn't need no gimmicks. beyonce performance was pretty good too but i am still mad she is pregnant in the middle of promo shes worse than xtina
Back to top Go down
GD's_G.NI
Stripped
Stripped
GD's_G.NI

PostSubject: Re: Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread   Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 3:02 pm

underappreciated wrote:

lol! Me too! Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread - Page 2 2388978530
Back to top Go down
phantom11

PostSubject: Re: Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread   Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 9:19 pm

Britney Spears gets a tribute.

Next up, Milli Vanilli gets inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Back to top Go down
Aless
Stripped
Stripped
Aless

PostSubject: Re: Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread   Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 9:40 pm

phantom11 wrote:
Britney Spears gets a tribute.

Next up, Milli Vanilli gets inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Except Milli Vanilli weren't even around for more than 3 years and are not Rock, let alone, music Legends.

While Britney Spears IS a Pop Icon, like her music or not.
Back to top Go down
phantom11

PostSubject: Re: Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread   Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 12:21 pm

Kinda missed the point of the comparison.

Needless to say, MTV set a new world record for shark pole-vaulting with this tribute.

GaGa ruined it?

No she saved it.

You can't ruin a joke, and that's what that was.
Back to top Go down
Aless
Stripped
Stripped
Aless

PostSubject: Re: Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread   Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 2:34 pm

phantom11 wrote:

Needless to say, MTV set a new world record for shark pole-vaulting with this tribute.

GaGa ruined it?

No she saved it.

I don't think I did. If I'm not wrong you were implying that it was a joke Britney Spears was getting a tribute, weren't you? What else could it mean? Shrugs

And Gaga didn't save or ruin anything. She just couldn't keep her mouth shut. That's her problem. It was BRITNEY'S tribute, not hers. She doesn't have to make everything about herself because if I'm tuning in for a damn Britney Spears tribute that's because I want to see a Britney Spears tribute not Lady Gaga talking about her and other pointless stuff. THAT'S the point.
Back to top Go down
GD's_G.NI
Stripped
Stripped
GD's_G.NI

PostSubject: Re: Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread   Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 1:41 am

Aless wrote:
phantom11 wrote:

GaGa ruined it?

No she saved it.

I don't think I did. If I'm not wrong you were implying that it was a joke Britney Spears was getting a tribute, weren't you? What else could it mean? Shrugs

And Gaga didn't save or ruin anything. She just couldn't keep her mouth shut. That's her problem. It was BRITNEY'S tribute, not hers. She doesn't have to make everything about herself because if I'm tuning in for a damn Britney Spears tribute that's because I want to see a Britney Spears tribute not Lady Gaga talking about her and other pointless stuff. THAT'S the point.

lol! Clapping
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread   Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everybody comes to HOLLYWOOD | The Official Pop Culture Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2